Winners crowned: Best Business Leaders awards 2022
Winners crowned: Best Business Leaders
We are absolutely delighted to announce the winners of Totum’s Best Business Leaders Awards.
After many fantastic nominations and great consideration, we are thrilled to announce the five winners of our Best Business Leaders awards:
- Mike Beswick, Business Development, Marketing and Communications Director, Taylor Wessing
- Elizabeth McGarrity, Senior HR Director at EMEA, Fragomen
- Brooke Johnston, Head of Communications and Reputation Management, DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Stacey Rickford, Legal Operations Director, Travers Smith
- Adam Soames, Head of Global Business Development & Strategy, Hogan Lovells
These individuals have been recognised for inspiring, transforming and delivering excellence in business services during 2021-22. They are exemplary role models for their firms and the business services community. Many congratulations to you all.
Totum Best Business Leaders Award
- Gain recognition. It is important for us to celebrate the success of leaders who play such important roles at the heart of their firms.
- Become a role model to inspire the leaders of the future.
- Promote your firm as a business that values its business services community.
- Affirm your contribution to the positive development of the professional services sector.
Date for submission:
3rd June 2022
7 July 2022
Anyone can nominate you.
Totum will screen all entries after the closing date and a shortlist will be created from which the panel of judges will decide a select group of ‘Best Business Leaders’.
The judges will include leaders from law and professional services firms who will make the final decision.
Judges will take into account:
- How the nominee has demonstrated excellence in their own field, or to the industry as a whole, and the challenges they have faced.
- Evidence of contributions to support the nomination.
Achievements should have occurred between April 2021 – March 2022.
Winners of our ‘Best Business Leaders’ awards will be announced on 7 July 2022.
Criteria for Totum’s ‘Best Business Leaders’ nominations:
- Nominees must be leaders in professional services. This could be the Head of, Director, Chief or equivalent for a business services function. This includes (but is not limited to), Business Development, Marketing, HR, Technology, Finance, Operations, Knowledge Management, Risk and Compliance, Project Management, Practice and Business Management, Transformation and Change.
- Nominees must work within the legal, accountancy, real estate or management consulting sector.
- Nominees must be working within the UK.
- This recognition is for exceptional work in the past 12 months: April 2021 – March 2022.
- We are looking for submissions that include tangible examples of exceptional work or beneficial contributions to your firm that went over and above the ‘day job’.
- One nomination is enough.
What does it mean to gain recognition as one of Totum’s ‘Best Business Leaders’?
There are no set categories and we don’t want to be too prescriptive in describing what being Totum’s ‘Best Business Leaders’ means to you, but examples could be:
- Firm-wide leadership
- Initiatives that have supported growth
- Best use of innovation
- Transformation through technology
- Best in service delivery
- Contribution to morale / hybrid working / culture / people
- Response to Covid-19
We find anecdotes and examples give the best evidence of why someone should be nominated for ‘Best Business Leaders’.
It couldn’t be easier to nominate one of your colleagues for Totum’s Best Business Leaders.
Totum Best Business Leaders Award
Totum’s ‘Best Business Leaders’ will recognise the achievements of business leaders in professional services firms. The past two years have proved just how valuable business leaders in professional services firms are today. And they are needed even more as firms head into a new era of work and growth, in which resourcefulness, agility and innovative thinking will be vital for success. But recognition is now key.
‘Best Business Leaders’ champions leadership achievements across business services functions and showcases the incredible achievements of these often unsung heroes of professional services.
Start your entry online, by clicking on the Enter now button. Please complete the relevant form.
Our judges for Totum’s ‘Best Business Leaders’ represents the very best business leaders across the professional services sector. They will assess the shortlist, making the final decision before we announce our ‘Best Business Leaders’ on 7th July 2022.
Our judges are:
- Sarah Walker-Smith, Group CEO, Shakespeare Martineau
- James Hacking, Partner, Kindleworth
- Kathleen Harris, Managing Partner, Arnold Porter
- Rachael Heenan. Senior Partner, Capsticks Solicitors LLP
- Suzanne Liversidge, Managing Partner, Kennedys
- Dick Tyler, Former Senior Partner & Managing Partner, CMS
- Chris Lynch, Ex Global HR Director and Non-Executive Director
3rd June 2022.
It is free to enter.
We will use the most comprehensive nomination which will be treated the same as a single entry.
Yes, we will accept nominations from outside of the UK.
No. We will be able to see if there is a conflict of interest between a nomination and a judge. As we will have a number of judges on the panel we do not foresee this as a problem.
If you move jobs before the award is announced you are still eligible for the award. However, if you feel you no longer fit the criteria please inform us at [email protected]
The shortlist will be produced by Totum and shared with the judges. The shortlist will receive an email from [email protected]
- Nominations open – March 2021
- Nominations closed – 3rd June 2022
- ‘Best Business Leaders’ announced – 7th July 2022
- Event – September 2022
7th July 2022.
No, we will be unable to offer feedback to individuals.
The only information that will be published on our website and other social channels, will be your name, job role and company (if your company agrees). We may also include a synopsis of why you have won the award and you will be asked to supply a biography and profile shot. Anything published will be agreed with you.
Terms & Conditions
• Totum reserve the right to not consider any nominations received from individuals who do not meet the criteria or if there is not enough supporting information for the judges to make an informed decision about their achievement.
• By completing the application form and supplying your personal details, you are agreeing for Totum to publish your bio information and profile picture across Totum’s websites and via our social media platforms.
• Your data will be held securely and any personal data provided will be processed in accordance with Totum’s GDPR Policy.
• Please do not include confidential information in your entry that you do not wish to enter the public domain as Totum is unable to guarantee that such information will not be published.
• We will not share the nomination or any of your personal details with any third parties.
• Entrants may be required to participate in press related activities. Totum will check with each individual that they are willing to participate prior to sharing any details.
• Any nominee who wishes to be withdrawn from the nomination process, they can do so at any time by emailing [email protected]
• Totum accepts no responsibility for, or liability arising from, entrants taking part in the ‘Best Business Leaders’.
• Totum’s decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into, in particular concerning the evaluation of entries or the allocation of entries to Award categories.
• These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute arising in connection with the Awards shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you have any questions about the awards, please contact [email protected]