We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; but there are always challenges and we are continually working to improve diversity in the workplace.
As part of our ongoing conversation and commitment on race and diversity, Totum would like to invite you to join a virtual event: ‘How to create the most diverse company in Britain’ on Tuesday 1st December at 12.30pm.
Robert Beckford PhD, an academic, broadcaster and consultant will start the conversation. Currently Professor of Theology at the Queen’s Ecumenical Foundation, he is best known as a broadcaster. Robert has consulted on issues of racial justice with a range of clients including Ernst and Young, Cadbury and many areas of the National Police Force including the Black Police Association.
Robert will be joined by a stellar panel of speakers who will share their experiences on diversifying the workforce and explore some key themes including:
- Current thinking around race and diversity in UK organisations
- Areas that have been challenging
- Progress in diversity initiatives – what have organisations been doing to encourage progression of minority ethnic professionals?
- Learnings we can take into the legal sector
- What law firms need to do next
We are delighted to confirm our panellists as:
- Johnny Briggs, Aviva, Group Head of Talent Acquisition & D&I, Aviva
- Susan Bright, Hogan Lovells, Global Managing Partner for D&I and Responsible Business
- Shuabe Shabudin, Pinsent Masons, Associate – Employment Team
- Robert Beckford, Academic, Broadcaster & Consultant
- Laura McNair, Totum, Consultant & Chair
We hope you can join us.