This is a newly created executive level management position in the London office of a leading global law firm.
The successful individual will be a key member of the Management Committee and have a real opportunity at the highest level to influence and affect positive change. The focus for the role will be on the enablers underpinning the firm’s strategy and vision, including operational and commercial efficiency, innovation for competitive advantage and working together for a higher performing, collaborative and fulfilling culture.
Reporting directly to the London Managing Partner, the COO will act as an advisor to the London office in all aspects of operations and certain aspects of finance and strategy, supporting the London Managing Partner and Management Committee in ensuring that strategic and operational initiatives are implemented effectively. The COO will be expected to lead and coordinate all aspects of the delivery of a variety of projects and initiatives, including the management of and interface with other support functions, and will be accountable to the Managing Partner for delivery of those projects and initiatives.
Directly leading some functions, and working in collaboration with fellow Management Committee members across other areas, the COO will be responsible for driving high performance and delivery, devising and deploying an office wide operations strategy.
The successful appointee will prove to be key advisor to the Managing Partner, acting as their deputy at times; provide strategic input and thought leadership, bringing insights into operational best practice, supported by first class implementation; and play a key role in influencing behavioural change across the office
To be in the frame for this role, candidates will have to say yes to the many areas below:
- Experience as a COO with a sizeable international law firm or other large scale professional or financial services environment, and of successfully influencing and guiding a partnership population and engaging at Board level
- Strong financial and systems expertise
- Experience of matrix management in a large employer
- Excellent leadership skills; an ability to motivate, coach, develop and inspire
- Highly collaborative, team player with the ability to influence and challenge at the most senior level
- Strategic vision and commercial / business acumen supported by first class implementation capability
- Executes for results with proven track record of delivery against best in class benchmarks
- A confident, calm and credible style; yet mentally tough and resilient and be prepared to challenge the status quo through logical argument and a determined approach
Please get in touch if you are interested in applying for or in finding out more about this opportunity at a firm who we know to have great people and a positive healthy working culture. We are the only recruitment firm working on this role. Please contact [email protected] or [email protected] by the end of January 2017.
Follow us on Twitter for information on new jobs and market trends.