Rising Star Award:
Celebrating the rising stars of the next generation of
talented business services professionals
Totum's Rising Star Award
About Totum’s Rising Star Award
Due to the success of the past two years of Totum’s Rising Star Award for marketing and BD professionals, we are pleased to announce two new, and additional, Rising Star Awards recognising achievements in finance and HR. This award is designed to spotlight emerging professionals at the early stages of their career (below manager) enabling us to recognise the efforts of the next generation of talented professionals.
Totum has worked in business services recruitment since 2003. In that time, we have seen business services teams grow in both size and sophistication – with more junior members of the team making an ever more important contribution to the overall function’s success. We want to recognise that vital input: we want to show how much firms value these professionals and to celebrate the role they play in securing the sector’s future prosperity.
Totum Marketing & BD Rising Star Award
Date for submission: 17th January 2024
Anyone can nominate you: a manager, a peer, a team member or even yourself.
Totum will screen all entries after the closing date to ensure they are fit for purpose for our judges.
A shortlist will be created from which the panel of judges will decide the winner.
The judges will include Directors and managers from a variety of law and professional services firms who will make the final decision.
Judges will take into account:
- Achievements in the workplace / role.
- Challenges faced.
- How the nominee have demonstrated excellence in their own field or to the industry as a whole.
- Evidence of contributions to support the nomination.
- Overall quality of submission.
Please ensure you pay particular attention to all compulsory questions, in order for your entry to be accepted.
Achievements should have occurred in 2023.
Criteria for Totum’s Marketing & Business Development Rising Star nominations:
• Nominees must be below manager level.
• Nominees must be within the legal, accountancy, real estate or management consulting sector.
• Nominees must be working within the UK.
What does it mean to be a rising star?
There are no set categories and we don’t want to be too prescriptive in describing what being a rising star means to you, but examples could be:
- Positively impacting revenue for your firm
- Improving systems / processes to increase efficiency
- Bringing an innovative idea to life
- Leading on a project
- Firm or partner/fee earner profile raising initiatives
- Making an impact with a client
We find anecdotes and examples give the best evidence of why someone should be nominated for an award. This doesn’t have to be War and Peace but please give evidence of what this individual has done to deserve the award, together with examples that showcases the type of work they do, the input and impact they have had.
It couldn’t be easier to nominate yourself or one of your colleagues for Totum’s Rising Star Award.
Totum Marketing & BD Rising Star Award
This award is to recognise the achievements of all those working in finance, HR, marketing and business development who have not yet held a manager level role.
Start the entry online, by clicking on the Enter now button. Please complete the relevant form.
Our judges for Totum’s Rising Star Award represents the very best in their chosen field from across the professional services sector. They will assess the shortlist, making the final decision before we announce our Rising Star Award winners on 13 February 2024.
Our judges are:
- Richard Crook, Marketing & BD Director, Saffery Champness
- Yasemin Baird, Marketing Director, Montagu Evans
- Adam Soames, Global Head of BD & Strategy, Hogan Lovells
- Alessandra Almeida Jones, Global Director – Marketing & Communications, BCLP
- Tom Lavin, Director of Marketing Operations, White & Case
17th January 2024.
It is free to enter.
We will use the most comprehensive nomination which will be treated the same as a single entry.
Of course. Please ensure you include evidence of what you have achieved, together with examples that showcase the work you have done including the input and impact you have had.
At the moment, we will only accept nominations for work that has been performed for or in the UK.
No. We will be able to see if there is a conflict of interest between a nomination and a judge. As we will have a number of judges on the panel we do not foresee this as a problem.
If you are promoted before the award is announced you are still eligible for the award.
If you move jobs before the award is announced you are still eligible for the award. However, if you feel you no longer fit the criteria please inform us at [email protected]
Those on the shortlist will receive an email from [email protected] detailing the nomination and next steps. The finalists will also be shared via social media channels after nominees have been informed.
Nominations can be shared with the shortlist on request.
- Nominations open – November 2023
- Nominations closed – 17th January 2024
- Shortlist informed – 31st January 2024
- Winner announced– 13th February 2024
13th February 2024.
No, we will be unable to offer feedback for specific individuals.
The only information that will be published on our website and other social channels, will be your name, job role and company (if your company agrees). We will also include a synopsis of why you have won the award and you will be asked to supply a biography and profile shot. Anything published will be agreed with you.
Terms & Conditions
• Totum reserve the right to not consider any nominations received from individuals who do not meet the criteria or if there is not enough supporting information for the judges to make an informed decision about their achievement.
• By completing the application form and supplying your personal details, you are agreeing for Totum to publish your bio information and profile picture across Totum’s websites and via our social media platforms.
• Your data will be held securely and any personal data provided will be processed in accordance with Totum’s GDPR Policy.
• Please do not include confidential information in your entry that you do not wish to enter the public domain as Totum is unable to guarantee that such information will not be published.
• We will not share the nomination or any of your personal details with any third parties.
• Entrants may be required to participate in press related activities. Totum will check with each individual that they are willing to participate prior to sharing any details.
• Any nominee who wishes to be withdrawn from the nomination process, they can do so at any time by emailing [email protected]
• Totum accepts no responsibility for, or liability arising from, entrants taking part in the Awards.
• Totum’s decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into, in particular concerning the evaluation of entries or the allocation of entries to Award categories.
• These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute arising in connection with the Awards shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you have any questions about the awards, please contact [email protected]